Erie Alcohol Abuse Recovery
Understanding what alcohol addiction is and how to recognize the need for professional help with Erie alcohol abuse recovery centers.
As the rates of alcohol use and abuse in Erie remain consistent, the need for Erie alcohol abuse recovery centers and programs remains a constant. At Drug Rehab Centers Erie we provide support by helping you find the best facility and treatment program to combat alcoholism and alcohol abuse.
What is The Difference between Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism?
Although both alcoholism and alcohol abuse are both considered alcohol related disorders, there is a difference between the two. However, alcohol abuse often leads to alcoholism so the two can often be confused. Nonetheless, both conditions are capable of being effectively treated.
Alcohol Abuse: According to the CDC, alcohol abuse is defined as a pattern of drinking which results in harm to an individual's health, interpersonal relationships, and/or ability to work. Alcohol abuse is typically characterized by:
- Failure to fulfill major responsibilities and commitments
- Drinking in dangerous situations
- Experiencing legal problems in relation to alcohol use patterns
- Continued use of alcohol despite ongoing issues caused by drinking
Alcoholism: CDC states that alcoholism is a chronic disease characterized by a dependency on alcohol. Characteristics of alcoholism include:
- Experiencing strong cravings for alcohol
- Continued use of alcohol despite experiencing related physical, psychological and/or interpersonal problems
- Lack of ability to limit alcohol intake
Do you need help from one of Erie Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers ?
If you are concerned that you or your loved one may be suffering from an alcohol addiction, there are certain questions you can ask to help assess for the need of professional help. Start by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do you sometimes drink more or for a longer period of time than you intended?
- Have you made unsuccessful attempts to stop drinking but failed?
- Do you spend a lot of time overcoming a hangover or the after effects of drinking alcohol?
- Do you find yourself spending excessive amounts of money on alcohol?
- Do you experiencing cravings or strong urges to drink?
- Have you found that your drinking patterns are starting to interfere with your physical and mental health? As well as your career, academics and/or relationships with friends and family?
- Have you lost interest or cut back on activities that were once important or highly enjoyable to you in relation to your drinking?
- Do you drink under dangerous circumstances? (i.e. drinking and driving or drinking and operating heavy machinery)
- Have you found yourself needing to drink more to achieve the effect you want?
If you or your loved one answered yes to any of these questions, this should be a cause for concern. It is strongly recommend that you seek professional help as soon as possible.
Call To Get Started In One of Erie Alcohol Abuse Treatment Centers Today!
If you have come to recognize that you or your loved one is in need of enrolling in one of Erie alcohol abuse treatment centers, it is highly recommended that you seek help immediately. Leaving an alcohol abuse problem untreated can lead to a host of negative consequences that could potentially ruin your life.
At Drug Rehab Centers Erie we help you find the center and program that best matches your needs.
Call us now at 814-651-9437.